Sunday, September 6, 2009

The 'Bean'




I have started my 7th week of pregnancy! Even though we had an ultrasound almost 2 weeks ago that stated I was earlier in my pregnancy then previously thought, I must say that I do not think that is the case. My gut is telling me that I am closer to 8 weeks due to some of the symptoms I have that take place later on. We have another ultrasound this Thursday to take a look at the baby. Hopefully, they will confirm my gut feeling. I just can't wait to see this baby!! I am so happy that I get to have another ultrasound and see how much the 'bean' has grown.

How our baby is growing:
In the 7th week of pregnancy a lot of big-time development continues to be under way. The baby's arms and legs are forming. Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point. The brain is also rapidly maturing. In fact, the head is growing faster than any other part of the body! And get this: ourr teeny-tiny baby has already started to move around -- but I won't feel anything until I'm at least four or five months along.
Our baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry. If we could see inside my womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in the baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from the tiny body.



I do feel like I have gained a couple of pounds the last 2 weeks. But overall, I have been feeling pretty good. I have a hard time sleeping thru out the night because of all the trips to the bathroom and some restlessness. My energy has increased and I have been able to stay up until about 10pm. Last week I was in bed every night by 8:30pm. This morning, was the first morning I actually thought I was going to be sick, but it passed.

Last week, Matt, Miles and I went to visit my parents and Natalie in San Diego. We had a great time! Mom & Dad bought me my first maternity clothes. The shirts were so cute and I finally got to see what pregnancy pants look like! Not the most attractive, but at least I will be comfortable. They also got the baby's first outfit, which is sooo cute!! And, Natalie got us a baby name book.

Cravings: Milkshakes (mmmmm......) and my Mom's home cooked panamanian food. Last night we went out for Mexican and I ordered aroz con pollo, but it was nothing like my Mom's and I had to end up switching plates with Matt.

7 comments:

Stockjok said...

When Mom and I come down I'll make the milkshakes and Mom will make arroz con pollo and patacones. we miss you a lot. Love Mom and Dad

Stockjok said...

Please let un know the results of your next ultrasound!!!

CatandMattsPregnancy said...

Hey Dad!! I will definitely take you up on that offer!! Can't wait to see you too! Miss you and love ya!

Unknown said...

Today is ultra sound day, Can't wait!!
I think you're further along too.
Will be waiting to hear from you.
Love you, JoAnne

Stockjok said...

What a beautiful experience!!!!!!!!!!

Stockjok said...

I'm so excited for your guys! I know the road ahead is a long one but it's a beautiful experience you will never forget and cherish forever. Remember I'm just a phone call away if you ever need anything! Love, Dad

Stockjok said...

MIssing both of you and MILES of course... :(