



Yesterday we had our 8 week ultrasound. I can not believe how big the baby has gotten! At the first ultrasound we had at 6 weeks, the baby looked like a worm. Now, it actually looks like a baby! We got to hear the heart beat again. The baby's heart beat was 164 beats per minute. The baby is about half an inch long, the size of a raspberry. The baby is so precious!! I love the baby SO MUCH!!! We are so thrilled and can't wait until we meet. Seven months and counting! I don't know if I am going to be able to wait this long!
Starting my 8th week and I am feeling pretty good. I still have not gotten sick, which is a good sign. I heard that if you don't get sick by now, you probably won't at all. I truly feel so peaceful with the baby. I had a dream last night, that we had a baby girl and I was having so much fun taking care of her. I was changing her diapers, giving her a bath and feeding her. I just kept telling myself in my dream that I could not believe how cute she was!
Baby Development:
Week eight brings some exciting changes to your baby's appearance even from the seventh to the eighth week, there is major development happening. Your baby now has a defined face, and you could recognize lips, nostrils and the tongue in certain ultrasound pictures. Even the buds for the 20 baby teeth are already in the mouth. The brain is growing at a rapid rate, and there is reflex activity happening in the womb as the baby automatically responds to stimuli. As the baby grows in the eight week, the umbilical cord and the blood vessels it contains are starting to function. The umbilical cord will serve as your baby's lifeline for your pregnancy, eliminating waste and bringing the required nutrients for healthy growth and development. Your baby's intestine actually begins to form in the umbilical cord.
Reproductive organs have started forming, and although you can't tell the sex of your baby yet, soon he or she will have testes or ovaries. The tiny buds on your baby's body are growing and are now prominent arms and legs, complete with knees and elbows!
The bones in the body are quickly forming, and the bones are undergoing ossification (hardening).
Cravings:
Cheeseburger - I guess that's my body telling me I need iron
Breakfast - I can not get enough of breakfast foods!! I was never a big breakfast eater, but thats all I think about morning, noon and night! I love waffles, eggs, cereal, sausage and the list goes on! Crossing my fingers that Matt takes me out for breakfast this weekend!
8 comments:
I remember when your Mother was pregnant with you she craved cheesecake! I'll never forget one night around 11:00 PM she asked me to go get her some cheesecake. So as the loving husband I am, I went out to get the cheese cake which in Panama City at that hour was not an easy task. After going to about 10 different places I finally found a place that had cheesecake. By the time I got home it was about midnight and guess what? Your Mother was asleep. I didn't wake her and let her sleep. However, from that day on I always made sure we had cheesecake at home!
Love, Dad
Aren't those cravings the best, I used to crave watermelon, naturally after most stores were closed, in those days we didn't have 24 hr. store open , so poor Papa there he would go to the farmers fresh produce mkt.usually late, never complained,very loving and understanding,He too like your father made sure we had watermelon on hand.
Glad to hear you are feeling well,Keep up the good work, developing our grand baby, for us to hold and Love dearly.
All our Love,
Grams
So happy to hear you are feeling well.
Isn't it funny how things you normally didn't bother with much taste sooo good now.
When I was pregnant with Nicole my cravings were veggies and fruits.
My most favorite was sliced tomatoes and onions drizzled with olive oil and vinegar, with french bread . Oh YUM!!! Even ate it for breakfast.
During my pregnancy with Matt, it was Mexican food,anything spicy and that included Taco Bell.
I'd pack up Nicole and we'd go to Taco Bell, she would get her little bean and cheese burrito and me the MOST delicious Encharito ever made!!!
Your dream was so sweet, it made me cry. I could so see you, holding her, loving her and taking very good care of her.
Only 7 more months until that dream becomes a reality. I can't wait.
You too,have a very loving and caring husband that will care for your every need.
You look absolutely beautiful and glowing.
I love you and miss you.
Hugs and kisses,
JoAnne
p.s. Love the ultra sound picture.
Hey guys
Its great to see the new ultrasound! What a swwet dream you had! You look wonderful !
May God bless you both and the new bundle of joy on its way! We love you very much !
Love uncle Jack and aunt Kathy
Its amazing seeing how Catherine is transitioning into motherhood. To be honest, I was expecting to be walking on eggshells trying to avoid the hormone fluctuations. But to my surprise, Catherine couldn't be more loving and caring. Of course she gets a little moody when she is hungry but that is just the baby telling us FEED ME!
A lot has changed during our 8 week hiatus. I get a lot of hugs and kisses and constant requests for massages. I try my best to do a great job but like my directional skills, my massaging skills are even worse :(. So Cat came up with this great idea of using a tennis ball. It works out perfect! I tell Milester to get me a ball (which he does) and I use it to massage Cat's back and shoulders. I guess you could say I taught Miles a new trick.
As each day progresses, our bond grows stronger. I am counting down the days until I can feel the baby kick. Until then, I will just hope and pray that all goes smoothly for Cat and that I can continue to support her to the max.
Love you all
Matt
How great!! I dont think My morning sickness started until 8 weeks. I hope you dont have it though. That would be great!
We are so happy for you guys. And next time you're having a cheesburger craving, let us know. We can take a field trip to the Habit (although I don't know if they're open for breakfast) :)
Hola Hija, estas muy bonita, poco a poco va creciendo, Dios nos dios 9 meses para prepararnos fisica y mentalmente, ya veras que rapido pasa el tiempo, disfrutalo, y pasalo bien, descansa y deja que Dios haga el milagro,Sera un-a Bebe Hermozo-a,Saludable y Completito-a, y lo mas lindo es que es el fruto del amor de ustedes dos, ya pronto llego a prepararte arroz con pollo panameno y tortillas panamenas. Que Dios los Bendiga hoy y siempre. Mamy
Post a Comment