
I have made it to the 9th week and boy, has it been a rough one! This past week, I have definitely felt the hormone rush. I have been moody and cry at the drop of a hat. My face has broken out, as if I were 16 again. And, my belly is starting to show. I think it might be a food belly, but either way my waist line is expanding. I have been walking almost everyday for 30 minutes. My cravings have been out of control, but I guess it's the hormones taking over. I also broke out in hives on Saturday...not sure why, but I think it might be stress at work. Matt and I will probably start baby shopping soon. Can't wait!!! I have my next Doctor's appointment this Thursday so hopefully things are looking good. Hopefully, this week will be easier on me =)
Baby Developments:
The baby is the size of an olive. By 9 weeks, most of the aspects of your baby's physical structure such as head, arms, legs and torso are in place. If you were to peek in on your little one you'd find they resemble a miniature human being (one with a very large head!). Because your baby's organs and limbs are forming, in the next few weeks your baby will be putting on weight. Your baby's tail should have disappeared by now, and your baby's organs and muscles should be functioning on their own. It's hard to believe that something so small can function so completely isn't it!
During pregnancy 9 weeks your baby's eyelids will fuse shut and won't open up again until your baby is about 27 weeks along. Your baby's face is becoming more distinct every day, with the mouth, nose and nostrils becoming clearly visible. By nine weeks your little one will even have developed sex organs, however your healthcare provider won't be able to discern them quite yet. Typically the sex of your baby can be determined by ultrasound between 18 and 20 weeks gestation.
Your baby's heart should have divided into four separate chambers by pregnancy week 9, as your baby swims about gleefully in her warm and cozy home.
Cravings:
Cereal, apples with cheese and pickles!
3 comments:
I don't think that's a "food belly!"
You look great!
I too broke out when I was pregnant with Matt between my 9-16th week. My OB/GYN told me it was possibly from the male hormone ( baby boy ) going through my system at that time.
Please take care and don't let work get to you that way.
Call and let me know how your appt. with your M.D. goes.
I love you and remember its just hormones,its temporary.
Call me anytime if you just want to talk or cry it out.
Hugs and Kisses,
JoAnne
Hey Catherine
Hopefully the moodiness will pass soon! You look beautiful! Just remember you are eating for 2 now.
Keep us posted on what the doc says. Even though we are far away if there is anything we can do for you we are just a phone call away.
We love you both very much!
Love uncle Jack and Aunt Kathy
My Dear Bug, sorry to hear you had a rough week. Right now your body is going through so many changes not only physically but chemically which explains a lot of your symptoms.
These will pass with time and I know you will start feeling better. You are doing all the right things and taking very good care of yourself so don't despair.
The main thing is to avoid the stress as much as possible as this is not good for you. If necessary, take some paid time off if the stress becomes unmanageable.
I love you very much and am very proud of you! If there is anything you need or anything I can do to help just let me know
Hang in there, things will get better! Love, Dad
Post a Comment