

I think everyone can agree that the baby bump is officially here!! I am still wearing the majority of my clothes, but I definitely do not fit into my skinny jeans anymore. We went in earlier this week and had our first prenatal screening for any birth defects. The ultrasound was amazing! The baby was moving around so much!! It is definitely Matt's baby! I am in awe every time we see the baby and see how much he has grown! The baby is perfect healthy condition! They also did the 4-D ultrasound, which I must admit was a bit scary. The baby looked like something out of the halloween store (no offense baby). But that's only because the baby has still not starting to gain major weight.
Later that evening we had our first baby class. The majority of the information we were aware of since we have read like 10 different books, but it was great to have the opportunity to ask questions and hear about other couple's experiences.
I also had to go see a physical therapist yesterday evening because I hurt my lower left back. The doctor said that due to the fact that my pelvis and hips are stretching to make room for the baby and when I give birth that they are much more loose then before. The injury also caused my sciatica to flare so I wasn't feeling that hot yesterday, nor did I sleep very well. But, its all worth it!!!
Baby Development:
Your baby is almost fully developed now. Although she weights just under 2 ounces, that will change rapidly in the weeks ahead. She'll soon be much longer then her current 3-4 inches. She now has a recognizable neck and her head sits up a bit from her chest. Because her head has grown, her eyes are closer together over the bridge of her nose.
As her arms and legs continue to lengthen, she'll put them to good use. Your baby might move hundreds of times a day in her secure, thick-walled room. A fine dawny hair called lanugo is growing over her skin; it will stay there until it stats to disappear a few weeks before birth. Your baby is also developing hair on its head, as well as eye lashes and the first hint of eye brows.
By now, baby is starting to produce hormones on her own. Her thyroid gland has matured and her reproductive organs have accelerated their development.
Total Weight Gain: 4 pounds
Cravings: Oatmeal
3 comments:
Baby bump is here!
Wow what a difference 2 weeks makes.
From the last time I saw you, you could see the outline starting to form, but now OMG, he's going to be a big one Cat, just like his Daddy.
I too had that back problem when I was carrying Matt. I hope you feel better soon.
The ultrasound picture is amazing.
He's perfect!!!
I will look for Matt's baby book, I have the 1st and only ultrasound picture they took when I was pregnant with Matt.
Again , I can't say enough how beautiful you look, you are glowing.
I love all of you very much.
Hugs and kisses.
WOW! What a great image of the baby! If you look closely you'll see that he's holding an electric guitar in one hand and a soccer ball in the other....You guys are going to have your work cut out for you once he is born....With each new picture I get more excited and can't wait for the baby to be born. Catherine, you look lovely and just like your Mother you carry your weight very well! I've always said there in nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I love both of you more than you can imagine and anxiously await the arrival of my grandson! Love, Dad
Look at you filling out so adorably!! I can't wait til we know if it is a baby boy or baby girl! Hurray!! Hope the pregnancy is treating you well so far!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment